Friday 20 August 2010

Thing 4 - Registering my blog

Right. My blog is now officially registered. It also means it's officially visible, and that's the bit that troubles me you see. I am seeing the advantages of blogging more and more, and as LottieMSmith points out in her thoughts on Thing 4, it's an extremely versatile tool that offers endless possibilities, of which creating an interacting online community of people with common interests is an important one.

However, I also tend to think that there's quite a jump from being a consumer of information and knowledge published in the blogosphere and on the Internet in general, to becoming a producer of such information, and that too much space is already taken up by people who love to broadcast to the world what they've had for breakfast, hence my current reticence. This may change mind you... but then I'll become one of these annoying people whittering on about inconsequential things and cluttering the blogosphere. Can't win.

As for the required screen shot of my (by now) well-used iGoogle page, here it finally comes!


Hurray!!

I must say, I'm quite glad that the programme is nudging me to finally learn how to do this, since it's been on my list of things to do for ages (the screenshot bit, not the bloggin bit!). It's three cheers for the 23 things programme from me!

No comments:

Post a Comment