Thursday 19 August 2010

Relief!

Having just read that the deadline for completing the 23 Things programme has been extended until 31st August, I'm getting back to it with renewed energy and lifted spirits - I was not relishing the prospect of rushing through 2/3 of the programme in a couple of days.

Part of me does feel slightly deflated for missing the boat of the online professional community: one important benefit of the 23 Things programme lies in the active networking that has been going on within the Cambridge librarian community, a bunch of smart, switched on professionals keen to explore and/or keep up with new tools, who have now found a brilliant new way of exchanging ideas. Yes, I am coming round to the idea of the usefulness of blogs, I've definitely benefitted from my fellow participants' ideas and expertise.

I'm also hoping that the 23 Things blog will stay up well beyond the closure of the programme, allowing participants and others to go back to some of the Things they didn't spend as much time exploring as they would have liked - any chance of a 24th thing on safeguarding blogs you're interested in before they disappear?

1 comment:

  1. The networking aspect of Web 2.0 really took me by surprise, too. I don't think you've missed the boat for that as part of Cam23, though - I'm sure lots of people are reading your blog with interest (I certainly am).

    ReplyDelete