Monday 2 August 2010

Thing 1 bis - Setting up an iGoogle page

I enthusiastically set up my iGoogle page a few weeks ago, and promptly became addicted to it; while the idea of getting all the information I'm interested in in one place and customising this page isn't new to me, the 23 Things programme actually prompted me to investigate this a little deeper and set it up. The main drawback I've encountered so far relates to Google itself: I already use Gmail and as all Google applications hang off the same account, I regularly log myself out inadvertently. Annoying but not life-threatening, and practice will sort it out I'm sure.

As far as using iGoogle in a library context, I suspect I would find something like Netvibes more useful (pending further investigation!), but I'll definitely use my iGoogle page to gather various RSS feeds on professional matters... until I come across a better tool that is...

No comments:

Post a Comment