Monday 2 August 2010

Thing 1 - Setting up a Google ID

Well. There we go then. The pressure's on... now that I have finally registered my empty blog and therefore am officially registered with the Cambridge 23 Things programme, I "only" have 10 weeks' worth of Web 2.0 discoveries to catch up on and blog about. Better get going!

Thing 1 itself was a bit of a cheat for me, since I already have a Google account as I use Gmail as my personal email. I do like it a lot although some of the comments made at Prof. Lilian Edwards' excellent Arcadia seminar on “Death 2.0: What Becomes of Digital Assets after Death?” gave me a lot of food for thought (the good old privacy issues that keep popping up, and the importance of knowing where a online company is based for legal purposes... all sorts of things I'd never actually thought about before).

Not sure yet how Google itself can have a useful, viable application in a library context - I'll be exploring this a bit more in-depth later on I imagine, and will come back to that one.

3 comments: