Monday 2 August 2010

Thing 2 - Adding the Cam 23 RSS feed to my iGoogle page

Can there be that much to say about adding the Cam23 RSS feed to my iGoogle page? I did it, it works fine, keeps the 23 Things programme on my mind (as in, "I've really really got to start doing it now!")... that's it, folks!

Actually... not quite.

I do find that I use RSS feeds more and more for professional purposes, and I'm terribly grateful that they exist at all since they save me a huge amount of time. I set up a bloglines account for professional current awareness purposes a few months ago and return to it periodically to catch up with what's been going on in the world. The Library world that is.

They are also relied on more and more by our users, precisely for their precious time-saving qualities, and as such are an invaluable tool for our library, providing information about recent acquisitions or new developments in our services for example. The catch of course is to get people to subscribe to them!

As for a lot of other things, I'm completely at a loss as to how they actually work, and more often than not a little confused about how to add them to whichever account I want to add them to. It does require a little bit of concentration sometimes, as I found out when the same RSS feed wormed itself into three different places, none of which was the intended location. Practice makes perfect!

4 comments:

  1. Welcome, and keep posting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've just added you into my giant RSS feed of all the Cam23 blogs, which you can subscribe too as well, if you're looking a for a little extra reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Girl in the Moon, I've been benefitting from it already - lots of interesting stuff posted by interesting people out there!

    ReplyDelete